Info on Armenians killed in Beirut blast not confirmed – Foreign Ministry

Info on Armenians killed in Beirut blast not confirmed – Foreign Ministry

PanARMENIAN.Net - Armenian Foreign Ministry hasn’t confirmed yet the information about the two Armenians killed in Beirut bomb blast, the ministry’s spokesman said.

“RA ambassador to Lebanon hasn’t yet confirmed the reports about the death of Armenians,” Tigran Balayan told aPanARMENIAN.Net reporter

According to Nouvelles d’Armenie, the victims were identified as Georgette Sargisian and 9-year-old Noy Dodelian.

Earlier, Aztag paper editor-in-chief Shahan Kandaharian told PanARMENIAN.Net that a 9-year-old Armenian child was wounded in the explosion, but the information was not confirmed.

A huge car bomb that took lives of 8 people exploded in a busy street in central Beirut, in the predominantly Christian district of Ashrafiya. Witnesses said it was heard several kilometers away. It was the deadliest attack in Beirut since 2008. No group said it carried out the bombing. The intended target was unclear.

Tensions in Lebanon have been rising over the conflict in Syria.

 Top stories
Sarkissian hosted the ambassador in the presidential palace and discussed the situation created by the coronavirus.
"We are aware of the assessment of those elections by the international observers," Anna Naghdalyan said.
The Prime Minister could not reveal exactly how many Tor systems had been delivered due to military secrecy.
Armenian ambassador Hasmik Tolmajian thanked the Senators for the decision on December 18 evening.
Partner news