“Before Sunrise” helmer’s “Dazed and Confused”comedy follow up in works

“Before Sunrise” helmer’s “Dazed and Confused”comedy follow up in works

PanARMENIAN.Net - Dazed and Confused director Richard Linklater has revealed that he is working on a follow up to the 1993 coming-of-age comedy, Digital Spy said.

The original movie featured a large ensemble cast including Matthew McConaughey, Renée Zellweger, Ben Affleck, Milla Jovovich and Parker Posey.

Linklater announced his plans for the follow-up on Thursday (May 23) during a Reddit chat.

He described the forthcoming project to be more of a "spiritual sequel" and said that he does not plan to use the same characters.

Instead, Linklater said that he will produce a coming-of-age story that is more of a "college comedy", rather than taking the high school setting of the original.

He added that the Dazed and Confused follow-up will also feature "a big ensemble".

The Before Midnight director hopes to start production on the film sometime this fall.

 Top stories
Some of the many artists on exhibit include Kevork Mourad and three generations of Elibekian family painters.
Survival Pictures had announced earlier that Issac will be joined by Academy Award winner Christian Bale as the leads.
Disturbed’s “Prayer,” System of a Down’s “Spiders” and Halestorm’s “I Miss the Misery” will be among the songs.
The festival will screen three of his films: Exotica, The Sweet Hereafter, and Ararat, a drama about the Armenian Genocide.
Partner news