Olso University rejects mass murderer Breivik’s application

Olso University rejects mass murderer Breivik’s application

PanARMENIAN.Net - Norwegian far-right mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik, who had been seeking to study political science at the University of Olso while in prison, has had his application to the program rejected, the University said on Tuesday, Aug 6, according toeuronews.

“The conclusion is that Breivik was judged not sufficiently qualified to start the political science course,” Olso University Rector Ole Petter Ottersen said.

Sentenced to 21 years in prison, a sentence that could be extended, for killing 77 people, Breivik applied for a place on a course he could follow from his cell.

His application had troubled the staff; some professors even stated they would refuse any contacts with Breivik.

According to Ottersen, a standard rejection letter has been sent to Breivik.

In Norway, universities select applicants depending on the grades they get for the exams at the end of their secondary education. The level needed varies from one year to another.

Currently 34, Breivik had stopped his study at the secondary level but, according to his lawyer Vibeke Hein Baera, he started to study again in prison to improve his academic level.

“He collects points to be able to study at university. He studied math this summer and he will certainly have to study other topics to have the required level,” Hein Baera said.

On July 22, 2011, Breivik killed 77 people, most of them teenagers, by detonating a bomb near the government headquarter in Oslo and then shooting participants of a Labor Party Youth meeting on the island of Utøya.

Unrepentant, Breivik has repeatedly stated he wants to continue his ideological fight against a multicultural society.

 Top stories
It is time that Turkey is expelled from NATO and its leaders are brought to justice for their role in these heinous crimes, the publisher says.
The resolution calls on UN member states "that have the capacity to do so to take all necessary measures" against IS.
The body of Abdelhamid Abaaoud, 27, was found in the building in the chaotic, bloody raid in the Paris suburb of Saint-Denis.
An EU official said Paris “will be in contact bilaterally with member states in the coming hours and days to specify the support it requires.”
Partner news