August 30, 2013 - 17:53 AMT
PanARMENIAN.Net - In a pre-emptive move prior to it’s World Premiere in Venice, Fortissimo Films has closed an all rights deal for North America with Well Go USA Entertainment, for the upcoming and highly anticipated Rigor Mortis; the debut feature from Hong Kong’s multi-talented celebrity, Juno Mak. A re-imagining of the popular 1970/80′s Chinese Vampire (Geung Si) genre, the film will have an early November rollout in Hong Kong followed by the rest of Asia, Deadline said.
Co-produced by Japanese horror icon Takeshi Shimizu (JU-ON, THE GRUDGE), RIGOR MORTIS will receive its World Premier at the upcoming Venice Film Festival (Venice Days) followed by its presentation at Toronto’s Midnight Madness. Well Go is planning a multi-platform release in early 2014.
The deal was negotiated between Fortissimo’s Executive Vice President, Sales and Acquisitions, Winnie Lau, and Well Go’s President, Doris Pfardrescher.
On making the announcement, Lau commented, “Juno is truly one of the most original filmmakers coming from Hong Kong in recent years. With his debut feature, he has announced himself as a must-see director. We are thrilled that Well Go USA has joined us to handle RIGOR MORTIS in North America.”
‘RIGOR MORTIS has such a terrifying and beautiful esthetic, and style and we are proud to bring it to North America where it will find its audience and fans’, said Doris Pfardrescher of Well Go USA, ‘Once again, Well Go is bringing a groundbreaking and highly commercial Asian movie to the US and Canadian audience.’
The two companies have worked together in the past with Well Go previously acquiring Fortissimo’s 3-D features, TORMENTED and SHOCK LABYRINTH, as well as TOUCH OF THE LIGHT, Taiwan’s foreign language Oscar® entry of last year.