Egypt brings third set of charges against Morsi

Egypt brings third set of charges against Morsi

PanARMENIAN.Net - Egypt on Saturday, Dec 21, referred to trial deposed President Mohamed Morsi and 129 others including members of the Palestinian group Hamas and Lebanon's Hezbollah on charges including killing policemen, a statement from the investigating judge said, according to Reuters.

The case, related to a mass prison break during the 2011 uprising against former President Hosni Mubarak, marks the third set of charges brought against him since he was ousted by the army in July following mass protests against his rule.

Earlier this week, the prosecutor ordered Morsi and 35 other Muslim Brotherhood leaders to stand trial for conspiring with foreigners to carry out a campaign of terrorism in Egypt.

The statement issued by Hassan al-Samir, the investigating judge, did not name any members of Hezbollah or Hamas.

Related links:
 Top stories
So far 18 people have also been confirmed dead in an avalanche that swept through the Mount Everest base camp.
Investigators say they found a militant ring in Sardinia, with a suicide attacker potentially planning to target the Holy See.
“Every day Americans need a champion, and I want to be that champion, so you can do more than just get by,” Clinton said.
Defense team say he took part in the bombing, but argue that his elder brother, Tamerlan, was the mastermind of the attack.
Partner news
Soghomon Tehlirian assassinated Talaat Pasha on March 15, 1921

Operation Nemesis was a covert operation by the Armenian Revolutionary Federation carried out from 1920 to 1922, during which a number of former Ottoman political and military figures were assassinated for their role in the Armenian Genocide.