// IP Marketing video - START// IP Marketing video - END

Arab League rejects U.S. proposal for Middle East peace deal

Arab League rejects U.S. proposal for Middle East peace deal

PanARMENIAN.Net - The Arab League said it rejects a continued Israeli troop presence on the eastern border of a future state of Palestine, a proposal Palestinians say was floated by the U.S. earlier this month, the Associated Press reports.

Arab League chief Nabil Elaraby said Saturday, Dec 21, no peace deal would work with Israeli presence in a Palestinian state.

Palestinian officials said U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry proposed Israel control Palestine's future border with Jordan for at least 10 years to address Israeli concerns about a potential influx of militants and weapons.

Aides to Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas have criticized the plan. One aide, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the negotiations, said Saturday the Palestinians are trying to soften the proposal to shorten the span of any Israeli withdrawal.

Related links:
 Top stories
The Israeli military said its aircraft attacked targets in Syria hours after a mortar bomb from fighting in Syria struck the Golan Heights.
Transnistria does not share a border with Russia. It has been de facto independent since the 1990s but is not internationally recognised.
Eight-seat Beechcraft planes will carry passengers to the Black Sea city of Batumi and the highland regions of Kazbegi and Svaneti.
One of the wounded soldiers later died in hospital despite all attempts to save his life, lifting the death toll to three, the military said.
Partner news