NASDAQ OMX Armenia announces 2013 results

NASDAQ OMX Armenia announces 2013 results

PanARMENIAN.Net - NASDAQ OMX Armenia announced the results of stock exchange and depository activities of 2013.

The year of 2013 was quite active and full of achievements for NASDAQ OMX ARMENIA and Central Depository of Armenia. The Depository successfully introduced new centralized depository system in Armenia, contributing to increasing efficiency, reliability and accessibility of depository services in Armenia, a press release said.

CDA also established important cooperation with international custodians, thus making foreign securities accessible for Armenian investors. In 2013 stock exchange introduced new market of foreign currency swaps and together with the Depository worked on successful implementation and servicing settlement and repo transactions in the RA Eurobonds in Armenian financial market.

In 2013 stock market volumes amounted to AMD 1.49 bln, a 2.6 times increase over the same of the previous year. Transactions were concluded with stocks of 7 issuers. Market capitalization reached AMD 61.7 bln, 15.68% increase of the previous year-end capitalization.

153 trades for a total amount equivalent to AMD 1.94 bln were concluded on corporate bonds market in 2013, having a 3.8 times increase over the previous year’s trading volumes. 95.3% of the amount traded fell to the share of foreign currency nominated corporate bonds, while the rest 4.7% of the amount was concluded in Armenian dram nominated corporate bonds. Five new bonds of four issuers were listed and four issues of one issuer were admitted to trading in 2013.

On REPO market 11 transactions for a total of AMD 942.9 mln were concluded, a 2.5 times increase over the same of 2012. All the trasactions were concluded in foreign currency nominated bonds of “SAS GROUP” LLC.

Trading volume on Government bonds (Gbonds) market reached AMD 15.1 bln, a 3.6 times increase over the previous year. 53.1% of the total volume traded in Gbonds fell to the share of trading in mid-term Government bonds, 43.9% - to the share of long-term Gbonds and 2.9% - to the share of short-term Gbonds.

Foreign currency market had a slight 3.6% decrease in trading volumes, amounting to AMD 292.5 bln (USD 714.5 mln). In 2013 all the FX trades were in USD only. Weighted average USD exchange rate was AMD 409.4 per USD 1.

Credit resources market showed 6.5% increase in volumes, amounting to AMD 6.6 trln in 2013. Weighted average rate of 8.21% formed in the market, fluctuating between minimum of 6.4% and maximum of 10.01% during the year.

As of the end of 2013 the CDA serviced 180,820 securities accounts and kept securities registries of 2,046 joint stock companies.

 Top stories
Australian PM Tony Abbott said leaders would discuss job creation, identifying tax cheats and strengthening the global economy.
This is the second in a series of three DPOs, supporting the government of Armenia in meeting its strategic objectives.
Earlier this week, the bank's board met following last month's stress tests and approved a €2.5bn rights issue in order to plug the gap.
Ameria’s management staff, partners and public agencies, as well as local and int’l organizations are participating in the Oct 14-15 master classes.
Partner news