Nicolas Cage’s China-set “Outcast” tipped for sequel

Nicolas Cage’s China-set “Outcast” tipped for sequel

PanARMENIAN.Net - Period action film “Outcast” starring Nicolas Cage, is being tipped for sequel treatments, even though the first picture is some five months from release, according to Variety.

“Resident Evil” producer Jeremy Bolt announced plans for a sequel in Beijing on Thursday, April 17 ahead of a high profile seminar on Chinese-international co-production.

“Outcast,” a tale of two 12th century European crusaders who voyage to China, where they find redemption, is set up as a Chinese-French-Canadian joint venture. China’s Yunnan Film Group is financier and co-producer. U.S.-Australian sales and finance outfit Arclight Films is handling international sales.

“We are planning a worldwide release, including the U.S. and China, in September and October this year,” said Bolt.

“’Outcast’ has been acclaimed by buyers, and we are determined to make a sequel,” Bolt said at a public ceremony for the signing of an “Outcast 2” memorandum of understanding.

 Top stories
On their engagement, family legend has it, he offered to buy back the love letters he wrote to Mercedes so he could destroy them.
Neil Cross said viewers would be eager to find out what happened to the character next, who was last seen in July 2013.
The school offers an "Armenian education for everybody", transmitting inclusive and human rights values through the Armenian culture.
Paul Dergarabedian noted the box office total was down about 7 percent compared with the same weekend last year.
Partner news