April 30, 2014 - 16:03 AMT
PanARMENIAN.Net - The upcoming Grace Kelly biopic may be dropped altogether by Harvey Weinstein, Digital Spy said.
Weinstein is reportedly considering ditching Grace of Monaco's US distribution rights due to a row with director Olivier Dahan over the final cut.
Variety reports that Weinstein and Dahan are still at odds over the film's future, which is scheduled to open the Cannes Film Festival on May 14.
Dahan has refused to make changes to the film - starring Nicole Kidman - which Weinstein has said could allow the project to be considered for the top awards.
The director previously slammed Weinstein's edit, and would not agree to its release.
Weinstein is said to want to add new scenes about Kelly's Hollywood years and more background to the row between Monaco and French president Charles de Gaulle.
Grace of Monaco missed out on the deadline for this year's Oscars, after it was delayed from November 2013 to March. It was later removed from the schedules altogether.
Other distributors may purchase the rights to release the film, should both sides not agree on the final edit.