Paul McCartney cancels entire Japan tour over illness

Paul McCartney cancels entire Japan tour over illness

PanARMENIAN.Net - Paul McCartney is canceling his entire Japan tour because of illness, the Associated Press reported.

The former Beatle got a virus last week and canceled several appearances, apologizing online to his fans.

Now, his organizers say he is not well enough to do any of the concerts in Japan, including the one set for Wednesday, May 21 at Nippon Budokan hall, where the Beatles performed during their first Japan tour in 1966.

The official site of McCartney's "Out There Japan Tour 2014" said his doctors are ordering him "complete rest."

McCartney, 71, is still scheduled for a concert in Seoul on May 28 at Jamsil Sports Complex Main Stadium, followed by 19 U.S. performances.

In Japan, two weekend concerts in Tokyo, a makeup concert scheduled for Monday, and another in Osaka Saturday were all canceled.

Tickets are being refunded from Thursday. The most expensive tickets cost 100,000 yen ($1,000) each. Some fans traveled from out of town for the concerts. Japanese are among the world's most avid followers of Western pop music.

"I'd like to thank my Japanese fans for their love, messages of support and understanding," McCartney said in a statement. "I hope to see you all again soon. Love, Paul."

Photo: Songwriting Magazine
 Top stories
Some of the many artists on exhibit include Kevork Mourad and three generations of Elibekian family painters.
Survival Pictures had announced earlier that Issac will be joined by Academy Award winner Christian Bale as the leads.
Disturbed’s “Prayer,” System of a Down’s “Spiders” and Halestorm’s “I Miss the Misery” will be among the songs.
The festival will screen three of his films: Exotica, The Sweet Hereafter, and Ararat, a drama about the Armenian Genocide.
Partner news