Jeremy Renner confirms return for “Mission: Impossible 5”

Jeremy Renner confirms return for “Mission: Impossible 5”

PanARMENIAN.Net - The cast for “Mission: Impossible 5” may be shaping up faster than has been announced. Tom Cruise and Simon Pegg have already been confirmed to appear in the 2015 edition of the popular franchise, and now Jeremy Renner has indicated he'll be a part of it as well, TheWrap said.

Considering that he joined the franchise for the purpose of possibly taking over the lead position from Cruise, it certainly seemed inevitable. But nothing had been stated officially about Renner's involvement until now.

It came during an interview with Yahoo! When asked about the chance he might consider jumping on board HBO's “True Detective” anthology series, Renner quickly indicated that he didn't think it would be possible.

“I'm kind of strapped time-wise doing “Avengers 2,” and “Mission: Impossible 5” is rearing its head, and then they want to do another “Bourne” movie,” Renner said. “Even if I really wanted to do it, which I don't, I couldn't.”

Representatives for Renner did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

That would make three confirmed for “M:I 5.” The film will be directed by Christopher McQuarrie, based on a screenplay by Drew Pearce. Produced by Skydance Productions, the Paramount Pictures has scheduled the sequel for a 2015 release date.

 Top stories
“Each of these artists has achieved international and regional renown,” remarked museum coordinator Carol Tikijian.
Known for his gritty voice, Cocker began his singing career in the pubs and clubs of Sheffield in the 1960s before hitting the big time.
They’ll kick off the tour April 6 in Los Angeles before heading to Europe, where the trek resumes April 10 in London.
Over the weekend, System of a Down returned to the stage to perform at KROQ’s Almost Acoustic Christmas event in Inglewood.
Partner news