700 ceasefire violations by Azeri armed forces reported June 15-21

700 ceasefire violations by Azeri armed forces reported June 15-21

PanARMENIAN.Net - 700 ceasefire violations by Azeri armed forces were reported at the line of contact between Nagorno Karabakh and Azerbaijan from June 15-21.

Azerbaijan fired over 6500 shots from various caliber weapons towards Karabakh positions. The NKR defense army continued with their military duty in line with ceasefire principles, taking measures to protect the frontline and retaliating only in case of necessity.

On the night of June 20, the Azeri armed forces attempted to penetrate into the territory of Nagorno Karabakh in the direction of Martuni region. As a result, Armenian serviceman Narek Poghosyan was killed. According to some date, the Azeri side suffered losses too.

 Top stories
“We expect that very serious, substantive talks will follow soon," Aliyev said at a reception on the Republic Day on May 28.
President Serzh Sargsyan said earlier that the Armenian side lost some 800 hectares (around 8 square kilometers) in the course of 4-day.
The parties discussed the situation in the Karabakh conflict zone following the early April's 4-day war and the ways to overcome the consequences.
At the meeting, the parties addressed opportunities to overcome consequences of the 4-day violence in Karabakh in early April.
Partner news