June 24, 2014 - 10:59 AMT
PanARMENIAN.Net - Filming for the last movie in "The Hunger Games" franchise has been wrapped up. Producer Nina Jacobson shared a photo of the lead actors embracing on the last day of filming "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2", AceShowbiz said.
"That's a wrap," she tweeted, thanking author Suzanne Collins and director Francis Lawrence. "Thank you HG Fans. Other than that, I'm speechless." Jacobson also wrote, "Goodbye Berlin. With deepest thanks to our remarkable #Mockingjay cast and crew."
Faces in the photo were not seen but based on their haircuts, the group hug included Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth. It has been a long journey for the three actors. They were first cast in early 2011 and became household names, Lawrence in particular, when the first film hit the box office.
Production was rocked when Philip Seymour Hoffman died suddenly in February this year. The 46-year-old actor played the pivotal role of game designer Plutarch Heavensbee. However, he had completed most of his "Mockingjay" scenes before he died.
"I think he might have had eight to 10 days left on our schedule [when he died]," Lawrence said in an interview last month. "In most of the scenes, Philip didn't have any dialogue. We are going to put him into those scenes, but we're only using real footage. We're not creating anything digital or a robotic version of him."
"The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1" will hit U.S. theaters on November 21 while the second part is scheduled for November 20, 2015 release.