400 ceasefire violations by Azeri armed forces reported July 6-12

400 ceasefire violations by Azeri armed forces reported July 6-12

PanARMENIAN.Net - 400 ceasefire violations by Azeri armed forces were reported at the line of contact between Nagorno Karabakh and Azerbaijan from July 6-12.

Azerbaijan fired over 3500 shots from various caliber weapons towards Karabakh positions. The NKR defense army continued with their military duty in line with ceasefire principles, taking measures to protect the frontline and retaliating only in case of necessity.

On July 10, Armenian forces curbed a sabotage attempt as Azeris tried to infiltrate the border in the Nagorno Karabakh Republic’s Karvachar area, the NKR defense army press service reported. As a result of prompt actions, Azeri diversion group was discovered, with several saboteurs arrested, while the others fled the site.

No injuries on Armenian side were reported.

Later, the press service of the Nagorno-Karabakh Defense Ministry has unveiled photos of the Azerbaijani saboteur captured on July 10.

“Unwilling to accept reality, Azerbaijani propaganda denies any information that reveals its true face. Since reliability of the photos we had released was disputed, we also present the photos of Guliyev Shahbaz Jalaloglu, a captured member of the subversive group, which we have taken ourselves,” a statement by the NKR Defense Ministry said.

Armenian military serviceman Movses Gasparyan, 20, received a fatal bullet wound in an Azeri sniper attack on July 11.

Gasparyan was fatally wounded at a military base stationed in the south-eastern region of the line of contact between Artsakh and Azerbaijani armed forces. An investigation is being carried out to find details of the incident, the Karabakh Defense Ministry said.

“An Azeri saboteur was killed during an attempt to cross into Karabakh in the Karvachar area,” Defence Minister stated during a military parade to mark the 17th anniversary the 4th army corps formation.

According to Seyran Ohanyan, an Armenian officer and a woman were killed during the shootout.

 Top stories
Prosecutor General Kostanyan handed Yermolayev the investigative requirement to the Office of Azerbaijani Prosecutor General.
In January 2013, FAAE issued a letter to the British Museum, protesting against the use of Ancient Turkey name for the museum’s room.
The total cost of the project is 5.5 million Laris (over $11,000). The development began earlier this year and is expected to finish next year.
Seismic Protection Service said tremors were felt in Armenian towns of Stepanavan, Noyemberyan, Koghb and Koti.
Partner news