// IP Marketing video - START// IP Marketing video - END

Guillermo del Toro says “Hellboy 3” may never happen

Guillermo del Toro says “Hellboy 3” may never happen

PanARMENIAN.Net - Guillermo del Toro has revealed his doubts that Hellboy 3 will happen, Digital Spy said.

During a Reddit 'Ask Me Anything', del Toro explained that although there is an idea in place for a potential film, it is unlikely that it will ever be developed.

He posted: "Well, you know, we don't have that movie on the horizon, but the idea for it was to have Hellboy finally come to terms with the fact that his destiny, his inevitable destiny, is to become the beast of the Apocalypse, and having him and Liz face... that part of his nature.

"And he has to do it in order to be able to ironically vanquish the foe that he has to face in the third film.

"He has to become the best of the Apocalypse to be able to defend humanity, but at the same time he becomes a much darker being. It's a very interesting ending to the series, but I don't think it will happen."

Last year, the filmmaker told Digital Spy that he was still keen to make the sequel.

"We're trying, and when we go back to LA I'm going to try a little more," he said.

He also addressed the idea of crowd-funding, saying: "We'll need a mega-mega Kickstarter!

"I'm not in favour of an established franchise [with an] established director coming in and crowd-funding. That's great for first, second-time directors, young guys."

 Top stories
The best five will have a unique opportunity to attend the Aurora Prize Award Ceremony on May 28, 2017, in Yerevan, Armenia.
The director, Arthur Balder was honored with two consecutive awards by the Association of Latin Entertainment Critics of New York for his first work.
David Ritter's documentary detailed the history of the Genocide with disturbing graphic images of death and destruction.
The 4th season of the Emmy-winning drama will once again be comprised of three episodes which promise "extraordinary cases."
Partner news