“Sinister” hit horror sequel scheduled for Aug. 21, 2015

“Sinister” hit horror sequel scheduled for Aug. 21, 2015

PanARMENIAN.Net - Focus Features will release Blumhouse and eOne’s “Sinister 2″ on Aug. 21, 2015, Variety said.

Ciaran Foy will direct the sequel from a script by C. Robert Cargill and Scott Derrickson, the director of the first “Sinister.” eOne is financing the film which Jason Blum is producing via his Blumhouse Productions banner, along with Derrickson.

Brian Kavanaugh-Jones, Charles Layton and eOne’s Xavier Marchand and Patrice Theroux are executive producing.

“Sinister 2″ is part of Blum’s new 10-year first-look producing deal, extending its current movie deal, with Universal.

“Sinister,” starring Ethan Hawke, was released in 2012 through Lionsgate in the U.S. The tale of a crime writer moving into a murdered family’s home grossed over $80 million worldwide on a $3 million budget.

The sequel will open against Warner Bros.’ romance “Me Before You.” It’s not clear if Hawke will return as no castings have been announced.

 Top stories
On their engagement, family legend has it, he offered to buy back the love letters he wrote to Mercedes so he could destroy them.
Neil Cross said viewers would be eager to find out what happened to the character next, who was last seen in July 2013.
The school offers an "Armenian education for everybody", transmitting inclusive and human rights values through the Armenian culture.
Paul Dergarabedian noted the box office total was down about 7 percent compared with the same weekend last year.
Partner news