// IP Marketing video - START// IP Marketing video - END

Another Azerbaijani attack rebuffed, Artsakh scrambles jets (updated)

Another Azerbaijani attack rebuffed, Artsakh scrambles jets (updated)

PanARMENIAN.Net - Azerbaijani subversive groups attempted Tuesday, Aug 5 evening to penetrate into the territory of Nagorno Karabakh in Martuni direction of the contact line, the press office of the NKR defense army reported.

As result of retaliatory measures, the attack was rebuffed, with one Azeri saboteur (identified as Sahil Yarashoglu Trarland) killed and several wounded.

Besides, the Azerbaijani armed forces kept violating the ceasefire, firing over 7000 shots upon Armenian positions from Aug 5 to 6.

Later, the NKR Defense Ministry said that attack aircraft are operating flights along the contact line with the Azerbaijani armed forces.

The conflict between Nagorno Karabakh and Azerbaijan

The conflict between Nagorno Karabakh and Azerbaijan broke out as result of the ethnic cleansing launched by the Azeri authorities in the final years of the Soviet Union. The Karabakh War was fought from 1991 (when the Nagorno Karabakh Republic was proclaimed) to 1994 (when a ceasefire was sealed by Armenia, NKR and Azerbaijan). Most of Nagorno Karabakh and a security zone consisting of 7 regions are now under control of NKR defense army. Armenia and Azerbaijan are holding peace talks mediated by the OSCE Minsk Group up till now.

 Top stories
The church planned to be restored in the frame of the World Humor Village Project will start operating as a cultural center.
The training center closed its Chicago location a year ago. CEO Rich DiTieri says the institute was spread too thin at the time.
The children, Lily,11, and Hovik, 12, had been living with their mother, Armine Hambardzumyan, in the Netherlands for nine years.
Artsakh authorities have expressed their readiness to assist in conducting the monitoring and ensure the security of the Mission members.
Partner news