Yerevan condemns Azerbaijan's "deliberate" ceasefire violation

Yerevan condemns Azerbaijan's

PanARMENIAN.Net - Armenia strongly condemns ceasefire violations by Azerbaijan that caused a severe injury to Rafayel Azizyan (born in 1997), a serviceman of the Artsakh (Nagorno Karabakh) Defense Army, the Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Saturday, November 30.

The "unprovoked incident" caused by a sniper shot indicates that the Azerbaijani side makes a deliberate attempt to violate the ceasefire, the Foreign Ministry said.

Such incidents gravely hinder the peace process and contradict the agreements reached with the mediation of the Minsk Group co-chairs, aimed at creating an environment conducive to peace. Even amidst the new domestic developments, Azerbaijan should uphold its commitments," reads the statement.

"This incident, which occurred ahead of the next ministerial meeting to be held under the auspices of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs, even more underlines the priority of the implementation of the agreements aimed at strengthening of the ceasefire, including through the introduction of relevant mechanisms."

Azizyan was immediately taken to hospital, his condition is grave but stable. An investigation into the details of the incident is underway.

 Top stories
The meeting will take place on the sidelines of an OSCE council, with mediation from the Minsk Group co-chairs.
Zohrab Mnatsakanyan has thanked the United States House of Representatives for recognizing the Armenian Genocide.
Gakharia replaced Bakhtadze As PM in early September, having previously served as the Interior Minister of the country.
President Armen Sarkissian signed a decree on September 18, relieving Police chief Valery Osipyan of his duties.
Partner news