British journalists released in Libya

British journalists released in Libya

PanARMENIAN.Net - Two British journalists detained in Libya after admitting entering the country illegally have been released, the Foreign Office has confirmed, according to BBC News.

Gareth Montgomery-Johnson, from Carmarthen, and Nicholas Davies-Jones, of Berkshire, were held last month.

The Libyan Interior Ministry earlier said the two men had been released and would be deported on Monday, March 19.

The journalists, who had been working for the Iranian broadcaster Press TV, have apologized for their actions.

 Top stories
In a statement, the court acknowledged that Hamas contests its inclusion on the list, maintained since it was created in 2001.
“We’ve never seen so many journalists held captive — for ransom or other reasons — by nonstate actors,” Robert Mahoney said.
The raids and arrests "are incompatible with the freedom of media, which is a core principle of democracy," a statement said.
“We are going beyond the banalities taught to us for 200 years. We are finally asking the right questions,” the president said.
Partner news
Soghomon Tehlirian assassinated Talaat Pasha on March 15, 1921

Operation Nemesis was a covert operation by the Armenian Revolutionary Federation carried out from 1920 to 1922, during which a number of former Ottoman political and military figures were assassinated for their role in the Armenian Genocide.