Elections 2012: failure of Armenian opposition

According to some Armenian experts, the May 6 elections became the “swan song” for ANC and Levon Ter-Petrossian.

May 16, 2012
Elections 2012: failure of Armenian opposition
The recent parliamentary elections in Armenia recorded sweeping victory by the current authorities, the ruling Republican Party of Armenia (RPA) and its coalition partner and rival Prosperous Armenia. These two, along with the third member of the current coalition Orinats Yerkir (which was the only ruling party seeing worse results against 2007 vote), grabbed 112 out of 131 mandates of Armenia's National Assembly.

Armenian elections 2012: political hypocrisy

Since the very start of its election campaign Prosperous Armenia showed obvious signs of political amnesia.

May 10, 2012
Armenian elections 2012: political hypocrisy
Parliamentary elections were held in Armenia on May 6, and people are now assessing their outcomes, pondering over expectations from the new “elects”; meanwhile, the political forces are summing up the results and considering their future moves and potential alliances. So, I decided to avail of the current political lull and sum up my own voting outcomes, sharing my views on each of the race participants.

Election outcomes: RPA’s victory and ANC’s downfall

Parliamentary race yielded unexpected results, with ruling coalition’s crushing victory recorded as the most significant outcome.

May 7, 2012
Election outcomes: RPA’s victory and ANC’s downfall
The parliamentary elections are over in Armenia. The race, assessed as original primaries for presidential elections in 2013, yielded rather unexpected results, with the ruling coalition’s crushing victory recorded as the most significant outcome.

Facebook as platform for Armenian elections 2012

PanARMENIAN.Net studies the tools and opportunities provided by Facebook to the participants of electoral race.

April 19, 2012
Facebook as platform for Armenian elections 2012
Ahead of the parliamentary vote due on May 6, Armenia’s political forces boosted their activity on the internet, particularly in Facebook.
---