93 Azerbaijani soldiers killed in clashes with Karabakh
April 11, 2016 - 11:00 AMT
PanARMENIAN.Net - Baku's attempts to conceal the number of fighters killed in the course of clashes between Karabakh and Azerbaijan since April 2 proved ineffective.
Azerbaijan's official data suggests the death of 31 soldiers. The Berlin-based Caspian Defense Studies Institute, however, has identified 93 killed fighters, including 21 officers, 10 sub-officers, and 10 contract servicemen.
Besides, 33 soldiers have been wounded so far (no information on the wounded was provided by Azerbaijan).
The parties to the Karabakh conflict agreed on a bilateral ceasefire along the contact line which came into force at midday, April 5.
Prior to that, on the night of April 1-2, Azerbaijani armed forces initiated overt offensive operations in the southern, southeastern and northeastern directions of the line of contact with Nagorno Karabakh.
As of April 5, the Azerbaijani side has lost 26 tanks and 4 infantry fighting vehicles, as well as 1 BM-21 Grad multiple rocket launcher, 1 engineering vehicle, 2 military helicopters and 14 unmanned aerial vehicles. The Azerbaijani side has admitted the loss of 31 fighters, 1 helicopter and 1 unmanned drone, whereas the Armenian side's photo and video materials show dozens of killed Azerbaijani troops, 1 helicopter and 3 UAVs. Opposition media outlets, however, reported on the death of 93 Azerbaijani soldiers, stating that 33 more have been wounded. According to Karabakh authorities, 300 Azerbaijani soldiers were killed in clashes.
14 Karabakh tanks have been neutralized since April 2.
Speaking to broadcaster NTV, Cavusoglu said Turkey would take further steps if the monument is not removed.
President of Nagorno Karabakh (Artsakh) Arayik Harutyunyan has dismissed Ruben Vardanyan from the position of State Minister.
Congressman Frank Pallone attended a demonstration at the Capitol against Azerbaijan’s blockade of a key road in Nagorno Karabakh.
Ruben Vardanyan expressed conviction that his people will stay strong amid Azerbaijan’s blockade of the Lachin corridor.
Armenia attracts record amount of foreign direct investments, says Minister Kerobyan has said that for the first time in the history of Armenia, the volume of foreign direct investments amounted to about $1 billion.
Ucom unveils new roaming tariff for over 65 countries Ucom’s mobile voice service subscribers can now enjoy a starting rate of 2.99 AMD per 1 MB when travelling to more than 65 European.
Armenia denies Azerbaijan's ceasefire accusations The Armenian Defense Ministry has denied reports from Baku alleging that Armenian forces violated the ceasefire in several section of the border overnight.
Yerevan: Recognition of Azerbaijan’s territory no green light for ethnic cleansing The Foreign Ministry says the recognition of the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan cannot be interpreted as the authority to implement ethnic cleansing.