Karabakh soldier killed in Azerbaijan’s attacks overnight

Karabakh soldier killed in Azerbaijan’s attacks overnight

PanARMENIAN.Net - Azerbaijan keeps destabilizing the situation with provocative actions on the contact line with Nagorno Karabakh, despite a previously reached verbal agreement on the cessation of hostilities.

On April 21, at around 6:30am, a Karabakh serviceman, Marat Danielyan (b. 1984) received a fatal gunshot wound in an Azerbaijani attack in the northern (Talish) direction of the contact line.

An investigation into the details of the incident is underway.

The Nagorno Karabakh Defense Ministry declared that the Azerbaijani side bears the whole responsibility for the escalation on the frontline.

The operative situation was unchanged on the contact line between Nagorno Karabakh and Azerbaijan on the night of April 19-20.

50 ceasefire violations were registered, with Azerbaijan shooting from various caliber firearms and a 60-mm mortar.

The conflict between Nagorno Karabakh and Azerbaijan

The conflict between Nagorno Karabakh and Azerbaijan broke out as result of the ethnic cleansing launched by the Azeri authorities in the final years of the Soviet Union. The Karabakh War was fought from 1991 (when the Nagorno Karabakh Republic was proclaimed) to 1994 (when a ceasefire was sealed by Armenia, NKR and Azerbaijan). Most of Nagorno Karabakh and a security zone consisting of 7 regions are now under control of NKR defense army. Armenia and Azerbaijan are holding peace talks mediated by the OSCE Minsk Group up till now.

 Top stories
For countries not on the exemption list, the advice to avoid non-necessary travel still applies until at least September 1st, 2021.
Ani Samsonyan said all the trials against the Armenian PoWs are fake, aiming to "throw dust in your eyes."
Armenia is included in the orange zone, which means vaccinated travelers are welcome to visit France.
The Armenian Foreign Ministry said it is constantly in touch with the Jerusalem Patriarchate.
Partner news