Gunbattles in Afghanistan as military clears govt. building from militants

Gunbattles in Afghanistan as military clears govt. building from militants

PanARMENIAN.Net - Gunfights were still ongoing as Afghan military forces attempted to secure an education department office in Jalalabad after armed men had stormed the premises on Wednesday, July 11, Al-Masdar News says.

According to officials, at least 10 people were killed and 10 more wounded in the assault, including a security guard. Two suicide bomb vests were reportedly detonated in the attack.

Up to 50 people were reportedly trapped inside the building but were later released when security forces attacked the area and brought the situation under control.

So far, no group has claimed responsibility for the attack.

 Top stories
The earthquake caused a temporary blackout, damaged many buildings and closed a number of rural roads.
The Prosecutor’s Office has released surveillance footage and said that one of the detainees in the case, Iveri Melashvili.
Destinations welcomed 900m fewer international tourists in January–October when compared with the same period of 2019.
Austrian authorities said at least one gunman remained on the run at 1am Vienna time on November 3.
Partner news