Despite provocations, Karabakh truce generally maintained, says Pashinyan

Despite provocations, Karabakh truce generally maintained, says Pashinyan

PanARMENIAN.Net - Despite several provocations, the ceasefire in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone is generally being maintained, Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said Monday, October 26.

"The Armenian side will continue to strictly adhere to the ceasefire," the PM added.

Armenia and Azerbaijan agreed earlier that a humanitarian ceasefire reached on October 10 and October 17 will take effect in the morning of October 26, according to a statement released by the Governments of the United States, Armenia, and Azerbaijan on Sunday. Azerbaijan, however, has violated the ceasefire, shelling both Armenian positions and the town of Martuni in Karabakh.

Azerbaijan, with help from Turkey and Syrian and Libyan mercenaries deployed by Ankara, started a war against Karabakh (Artsakh) in the morning of September 27. The Armenian side has reported deaths and injuries both among the civilian population and the military. Foreign and local journalists too have been injured in Azeri shelling of towns and villages.

 Top stories
The two presidents discussed in detail the implementation of the agreements reached under the November 9 statement.
The Karabakh Ombudsman said killing and beheading an Armenian is hailed by the general public in Azerbaijan.
According to Deputy Foreign Minister Andrey Rudenko, Russia believes the conflict cannot be resolved militarily․
After murdering the Karabakh soldier, the Azeris are then heard screaming swear words at him.
Partner news