Karabakh leader says 600 bodies of soldiers recovered so far

Karabakh leader says 600 bodies of soldiers recovered so far

PanARMENIAN.Net - Nagorno-Karabakh (Artsakh) President Arayik Harutyunyan said Monday, November 30 that 600 bodies of soldiers killed in the recent fighting have been recovered since the beginning of search and rescue operations.

Harutyunyan met with the family members of missing persons and servicemen and prisoners of wars and captives on Monday. The Commander of the Russian peacekeeping troops, Lieutenant General Rustam Muradov and Director of Karabakh's State Emergency Service Karen Sargsyan too participated in the meeting.

The Artsakh leader said all efforts are being made to determine the fate of all the Armenians who have gone missing.

Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan, Russian and Azerbaijani Presidents Vladimir Putin and Ilham Aliyev on November 9 signed a statement to end the war in Karabakh after almost 45 days. Under the deal, the Armenian side is returning all the seven regions surrounding Nagorno-Karabakh, having lost a part of Karabakh itself in hostilities.

 Top stories
The top diplomats discussed the implementation of the agreements reached at Russia-Armenia-Azerbaijan summit in Moscow.
Ara Ayvazian said the violation of the ceasefire has led to the ethnic cleansing of the indigenous people of Artsakh.
Karabakh authorities said that searches continue in Jabrail and Fizuli, which are now under Azerbaijan's control.
It said France's responsibility as a co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group is to work towards finding a negotiated settlement.
Partner news