Azerbaijan returns remains two Karabakh servicemen

Azerbaijan returns remains two Karabakh servicemen

PanARMENIAN.Net - No search and rescue operation were carried out in Nagorno-Karabakh on Friday, January 15 but Azerbaijan did return the remains of two servicemen to the Armenian side, according to Hunan Tadevosyan, the head of the Department of Information and Public Relations of Karabakh's State Service for Emergency Situations.

The bodies were found near the villages of Talish and Mataghis, they will be examined for identification, Hetq reports.

Search operations will continue on Saturday in hadrut, Fizuli, Jabrayil and Shushi. Family members and parents of missing soldiers are also participating in the process.

The Armenian Health Ministry said in early January that the bodies or remains of 3,360 servicemen have been examined since the beginning of the war in Nagorno-Karabakh. The names of less than 2000 servicemen killed in hostilities unleashed by Azerbaijan against the Armenians of Karabakh have been published by Defense authorities so far.

 Top stories
The European Commission was asked whether it was planning to take steps to protect both the civilian population and places of worship.
Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said no matter where in the world a coup is taking place, "we condemn it."
Georgian Prime Minister Irakli Garibashvili explained that current restrictions on the land border remain in force.
Armenia believes that "the security of the population of Karabakh should first of all be ensured by the Defense Army".
Partner news