Remains of one soldier, three civilians recovered in Karabakh

Remains of one soldier, three civilians recovered in Karabakh

PanARMENIAN.Net - The remains of one Nagorno-Karabakh serviceman and three civilians were recovered on Thursday, January 21, according to Hunan Tadevosyan, the head of the Department of Information and Public Relations of Karabakh's State Service for Emergency Situations.

The civilians were identified as residents of the villages of Drakhtik and Azokh in Hadrut region, Tadevosyan told PanARMENIAN.Net The bodies will undergo forensic examination to determine the circumstances of the death of the civilians.

Since November 13, the Nagorno-Karabakh rescue teams have found the bodies and remains of 1251 soldiers and civilians. Family members and parents of missing soldiers are also participating in the process.

Search operations will continue on Friday, particularly in Fizuli, Ishkhanadzor and Aygehovit, as well as near Vorotan," he said.

Deputy Prime Minister Tigran Avinyan said earlier that 3439 bodies had been recovered from the zone of hostilities in Karabakh as of January 20, and that the final death toll from the six-week war wouldn't surpass 4000.

 Top stories
The European Commission was asked whether it was planning to take steps to protect both the civilian population and places of worship.
Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said no matter where in the world a coup is taking place, "we condemn it."
Georgian Prime Minister Irakli Garibashvili explained that current restrictions on the land border remain in force.
Armenia believes that "the security of the population of Karabakh should first of all be ensured by the Defense Army".
Partner news