Health Minister: 2000 bodies of Karabakh victims identified through DNA

Health Minister: 2000 bodies of Karabakh victims identified through DNA

PanARMENIAN.Net - Around 2000 bodies and remains of victims killed in the Nagorno-Karabakh war have been identified through DNA analysis, Armenian Health Minister Anahit Avanesyan said Thursday, March 4.

According to Avanesyan, only a small number of bodies remain to be identified.

Asked about possible errors in the process, given that the parents of some fallen servicemen have raised concerns that DNA tests are allegedly sometimes falsified, the Health Minister said there have only been 2-3 such complains, and those cases have been processed individually.

"It has been clarified that there is no room for error or mistrust," Avanesyan said.

The Health Ministry revealed in mid-February that the bodies of more than 3500 victims had been examined as of February 13. Armenia's Deputy Prime Minister Tigran Avinyan said earlier that the number of victims killed in the six weeks of war would not surpass 4000.

 Top stories
The funds will provide targeted technical assistance to support and ensure effective implementation of vaccination efforts in Armenia.
The Armenian Defense Minister discussed the issues with the Chief of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces.
The Ombudsman also detailed the EU diplomats on Azerbaijan's policy of disseminating hate and enmity against Armenians.
The Catholicos said the Armenian soldiers have heroically defended the homeland and their people for many centuries now.
Partner news