Azerbaijani troops threaten Spanish journalists with death in Armenia

Azerbaijani troops threaten Spanish journalists with death in Armenia

PanARMENIAN.Net - A team of Spanish journalists were threatened with death by Azerbaijani Forces while reporting on their position, close to the border with Azerbaijan, in the Gegharkunik province, Armenia, Reporters Without Borders (RSF) said in a tweet.

"[RSF] condemns this unacceptable act toward journalists!," the organization said.

Azerbaijani forces violated Armenia’s border in several sections in the provinces of Syunik and Gegharkunik on May 12 and 13 and are still refusing to withdraw their troops from the area. One Armenian serviceman was killed in Azerbaijan’s shooting on May 25, six troops were captured on May 27, although four of them have already returned home.

 Top stories
The Armenian Foreign Ministry condemned Azerbaijan's actions which it said undermines regional peace and security.
The first session of the Armenian parliament will be held on August 2, Secretary of the Central Electoral Commission Armen Smbatyan said.
Authorities are planning to appoint lawmaker Lilit Makunts as the country's new envoy in the United States.
Acting Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said on July 15 that the Armenian side has so far managed to have 104 prisoners of war.
Partner news