Karabakh sappers dispose of more bombs, missiles 8 months after war

Karabakh sappers dispose of more bombs, missiles 8 months after war

PanARMENIAN.Net - The sappers of Nagorno-Karabakh have discovered and disposed of 53 explosives, 28 rockets and 6 air missiles within the past week, the Interior Ministry reports, more than eight months after the completion of hostilities unleashed by Azerbaijan.

The Karabakh experts continue search work to find ammunition and other unexploded ordnance.

One person accompanying the rescue workers was injured in a mine explosion last week, in areas that went under Azerbaijan's control during the war. The person, whose condition is stable, is receiving treatment in the hospital.

Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan, Russian and Azerbaijani Presidents Vladimir Putin and Ilham Aliyev on November 9 signed a statement to end the war in Karabakh after almost 45 days. Under the deal, the Armenian side has returned all the seven regions surrounding Nagorno-Karabakh, having lost a part of Karabakh itself in hostilities.

 Top stories
The CSTO mission has developed proposals for the de-escalation of tensions on the Armenian-Azerbaijani border.
Rutte said is so important that Armenia and Azerbaijan have begun a dialogue to reach an agreement on Nagorno-Karabakh.
Artsakh's independence cannot be a bargaining chip, Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia Aram I told an Easter mass.
The United Kingdom is calling both Armenia and Azerbaijan to work towards a de-escalation in Nagorno-Karabakh.
Partner news
---