Three Armenian troops injured in Azerbaijan's fire

Three Armenian troops injured in Azerbaijan's fire

PanARMENIAN.Net - Three Armenian servicemen were slightly wounded in Azerbaijan's shooting in the province of Gegharkunik on Friday, July 23, the Defense Ministry reports.

Before the incident, the Azerbaijanis opened bursts of fire in their own position, which came amid an interpersonal raw among the personnel. This is evidenced by a statement from Azerbaijan, according to which an Azeri soldier was killed "after the Armenian side opened fire", the Defense Ministry added.

The Armenian side declared that the army didn't open suppressive fire until the Azerbaijanis began shooting at the Armenian positions, as a result of which three servicemen received light gunshot wounds.

"The Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Armenia strongly condemns the provocation of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces. The entire responsibility for the escalation of the situation rests with the military-political leadership of Azerbaijan," the Defense Ministry said.

Azerbaijani forces violated Armenia’s border in several sections in the provinces of Syunik and Gegharkunik on May 12 and 13 and are still refusing to withdraw their troops from the area. Two Armenian servicemen were killed in Azerbaijan’s shooting, while six troops were captured on May 27, although four of them have already returned home.

 Top stories
The situation on the contact line between Karabakh and Azerbaijan was relatively stable overnight, the Defense Army says.
Defense Minister Suren Papikyan has visited the southern Armenian province of Syunik, the Defense Ministry reported on March 18.
Armenia has registered Covid-19-related deaths in 23 vaccinated individuals so far, according to Health Minister Anahit Avanesyan.
Poland has donated 201,640 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine to Armenia's Health Ministry, the Polish Embassy in Yerevan reveals.
Partner news
---