Armenia foils Azerbaijani army offensive in Gegharkunik

Armenia foils Azerbaijani army offensive in Gegharkunik

PanARMENIAN.Net - The Armenian army thwarted Azerbaijani forces back to their positions on Wednesday, July 28 morning, after the Azeris launched an attack in Gegharkunik province earlier in the day, the Defense Ministry reports.

At least three Armenian soldiers were killed and two others were wounded for the defense of the motherland, with the Azerbaijani side suffering losses too.

Gun battle between the armed units continue in Gegharkunik, whereas in other parts of the border the situation is relatively calm.

 Top stories
From September 21 to November 11, a total of 2,820 Russians registered at a place of residence in Armenia, the police has said.
The situation on the contact line between Karabakh and Azerbaijan was relatively stable overnight, the Defense Army says.
Defense Minister Suren Papikyan has visited the southern Armenian province of Syunik, the Defense Ministry reported on March 18.
Armenia has registered Covid-19-related deaths in 23 vaccinated individuals so far, according to Health Minister Anahit Avanesyan.
Partner news
---