Armenia revises number of injured in Azeri-triggered clashes to four

Armenia revises number of injured in Azeri-triggered clashes to four

PanARMENIAN.Net - Four Armenian soldiers were wounded while thwarting Azerbaijan's attack in Gegharkunik province on Wednesday, July 28 morning, the Defense Ministry reported, revising the number from its earlier estimate of three injuries.

According to official information, the situation is stable as of July 28 afternoon, the ceasefire is mostly being respected.

The Defense Ministry added that the situation in other sections of the border between the two countries is relatively calm.

In the wee hours of July 28, the units of the Azerbaijani armed forces, which had infiltrated the sovereign territory of Armenia since May 12, attacked the Armenian positions located in the north-eastern section of the Armenian-Azerbaijani border, triggering local battles. Three Armenian troops were killed, four others were wounded in the process, the Defense Ministry said, adding that the Azerbaijani forces have been thwarted back to their positions.

 Top stories
Armenia has registered Covid-19-related deaths in 23 vaccinated individuals so far, according to Health Minister Anahit Avanesyan.
Poland has donated 201,640 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine to Armenia's Health Ministry, the Polish Embassy in Yerevan reveals.
Coronavirus infection rates are dropping in Armenia but the death rate remains high, Anahit Avanesyan has said.
The government is planning to gradually transition to a professional army and significantly change the structure of conscription.
Partner news
---