Armenia opens criminal case as three troops killed by Azerbaijan

Armenia opens criminal case as three troops killed by Azerbaijan

PanARMENIAN.Net - Armenia has opened a criminal case over Azerbaijan's violation of its territorial integrity, as well as the murder of three soldiers on the basis of national, racial or religious intolerance, the country's Investigative Committee said on Wednesday, July 28.

The Investigative Committee also revealed that five soldiers were injured in clashes – instead of the four previously reported on by the Defense Ministry – receiving gunshot and shrapnel wounds of varying severity.

In the wee hours of July 28, the units of the Azerbaijani armed forces, which had infiltrated the sovereign territory of Armenia since May 12, attacked the Armenian positions located in the north-eastern section of the Armenian-Azerbaijani border, triggering local battles. Three Armenian troops were killed, four others were wounded in the process, the Defense Ministry said, adding that the Azerbaijani forces have been thwarted back to their positions.

 Top stories
The situation on the contact line between Karabakh and Azerbaijan was relatively stable overnight, the Defense Army says.
Defense Minister Suren Papikyan has visited the southern Armenian province of Syunik, the Defense Ministry reported on March 18.
Armenia has registered Covid-19-related deaths in 23 vaccinated individuals so far, according to Health Minister Anahit Avanesyan.
Poland has donated 201,640 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine to Armenia's Health Ministry, the Polish Embassy in Yerevan reveals.
Partner news
---