April 22, 2022 - 10:39 AMT
PanARMENIAN.Net - The United States and France haven't expressed readiness to resume the work of the OSCE Minsk Group on the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
"We do not expect [such signals] either," the Foreign Ministry said Thursday, April 21.
According to the Russian side, the diplomatic activity of the U.S. and the EUropean Union has noticeably increased after Washington and Paris "paralyzed the once well-coordinated work of the three co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group, refusing to cooperate with our participation."
"Such coincidences are not accidental. Also, the shameless attempts of Brussels to appropriate the well-known Russian-Azerbaijani-Armenian agreements at the highest level (delimitation and demarcation of the state border between Azerbaijan and Armenia, restoration of transport communications) and the agenda proposed last year by the co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group (solving pressing humanitarian problems, preparation of a peace treaty between Baku and Yerevan)," the statement reads.
"In this regard, we reaffirm our unconditional commitment to the consistent implementation of the statements of the leaders of Russia, Azerbaijan and Armenia of November 9, 2020, January 11 and November 26, 2021. At the same time, we are determined to contribute in every possible way to the conclusion of a peace treaty between Azerbaijan and Armenia, with which we are historically bound by friendship, alliance and partnership."
Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova told a briefing on Wednesday that Special Representative of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Russia to promote the normalization of relations between Azerbaijan and Armenia Igor Khovaev is "actively engaged" in that process.