Armenian soldier injured in Azerbaijan’s mortar attack

Armenian soldier injured in Azerbaijan’s mortar attack

PanARMENIAN.Net - An Armenian soldier was injured when Azerbaijan violated the ceasefire with the use of mortars and large-caliber firearms, the Armenian Defense Ministry said on Wednesday, September 21 evening.

The Defense Ministry said the Armenian army took retaliatory measures to silence the Azerbaijani military.

According to an update on Thursday, the soldier's life ia out of danger.

The latest round of fighting began in the wee hours of September 13, when the Azerbaijani military attacked Armenian posts and shelled Armenian settlements both on the border and deep behind the frontline. At least 207 people are dead or missing as a result, the Security Council of Armenia said on Monday.

 Top stories
The situation on the contact line between Karabakh and Azerbaijan was relatively stable overnight, the Defense Army says.
Defense Minister Suren Papikyan has visited the southern Armenian province of Syunik, the Defense Ministry reported on March 18.
Armenia has registered Covid-19-related deaths in 23 vaccinated individuals so far, according to Health Minister Anahit Avanesyan.
Poland has donated 201,640 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine to Armenia's Health Ministry, the Polish Embassy in Yerevan reveals.
Partner news
---