Azerbaijan again violates ceasefire with Armenia

Azerbaijan again violates ceasefire with Armenia

PanARMENIAN.Net - The Azerbaijani military fired from various caliber firearms to target Armenian positions in the eastern section of the border on Monday, November 21 evening, the Armenian Defense Ministry reported on Tuesday.

No casualties were reported on the Armenian side.

The Defense Ministry said the situation was relatively stable as of Monday morning but was overall tense since mid-September.

The latest round of fighting between the two countries began in the wee hours of September 13, when the Azerbaijani military attacked Armenian posts and shelled Armenian settlements both on the border and deep behind the frontline. More than 200 people are dead or missing as a result, the Security Council of Armenia said a few days after the assault.

 Top stories
The situation on the contact line between Karabakh and Azerbaijan was relatively stable overnight, the Defense Army says.
Defense Minister Suren Papikyan has visited the southern Armenian province of Syunik, the Defense Ministry reported on March 18.
Armenia has registered Covid-19-related deaths in 23 vaccinated individuals so far, according to Health Minister Anahit Avanesyan.
Poland has donated 201,640 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine to Armenia's Health Ministry, the Polish Embassy in Yerevan reveals.
Partner news
---