First batch of modular barracks in Armenia – spokesperson

First batch of modular barracks in Armenia – spokesperson

PanARMENIAN.Net - The barracks that caught on fire and killed 15 Armenian soldiers on Thursday, January 19 was a temporary one, Defense Ministry spokesperson Aram Torosyan said Friday, January 20, 1lurer.am reports.

Torosyan revealed that months ago, the Ministry of Defense acquired Italian modular barracks, the first batch of which is already in Armenia. According to him, the area is now being improved engineering works are being carried out, after which the assembly will begin.

Similar barracks will be installed in other military units too.

15 Armenian servicemen were killed in a fire that broke out in the barracks of one of the armed forces units in Gegharkunik province. Three more servicemen are in serious condition.

 Top stories
From September 21 to November 11, a total of 2,820 Russians registered at a place of residence in Armenia, the police has said.
The situation on the contact line between Karabakh and Azerbaijan was relatively stable overnight, the Defense Army says.
Defense Minister Suren Papikyan has visited the southern Armenian province of Syunik, the Defense Ministry reported on March 18.
Armenia has registered Covid-19-related deaths in 23 vaccinated individuals so far, according to Health Minister Anahit Avanesyan.
Partner news
---