EU: Baku’s military actions must end to pave way for dialogue

EU: Baku’s military actions must end to pave way for dialogue

PanARMENIAN.Net - President of the European Council Charles Michel has called on Azerbaijan to end its recent attack amid “devastating news” from Nagorno-Karabakh.

“Military actions of Azerbaijan must be immediately halted to allow for a genuine dialogue between Baku and Karabakh Armenians,” Michel said on X Tuesday, September 19.

Nagorno-Karabakh Ombudsman Gegham Stepanyan said Tuesday that at at least two civilians, including one child, have been killed in Azerbaijani assault on Tuesday, September 19.

The Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry confirmed the attack, noting that the Russian peacekeeping contingent deployed in Nagorno-Karabakh to help protect the Armenian population there had been notified about the attack in advance.

The Azerbaijani military earlier accused the Karabakh military of staging a provocation and planting a mine in territories controlled by Azerbaijan, which had allegedly caused the death of two civilians.

The Nagorno-Karabakh Defense Army denied the accusations on Tuesday. The Defense Army has been denying various accusations from Azerbaijan from quite some time now.

 Top stories
The EU does not intend to conduct military exercises with Armenia, Lead Spokesperson for EU Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Peter Stano says.
A telephone conversation between Putin and Pashinyan before the CSTO summit is not planned, Peskov says.
London’s Armenian community has been left feeling “under attack” after the city’s Genocide monument was vandalised.
The United States believes there should be an international mission to provide transparency.
Partner news
---