Turkish nationals granted 3-month visa-free stay in some EU states

Turkish nationals granted 3-month visa-free stay in some EU states

PanARMENIAN.Net - The European Commission has decided to grant residence permits of up to three months to Turkish nationals providing services in three European countries - Germany, the Netherlands and Denmark, according to Today's Zaman.

Turkish citizens providing services in these countries will be allowed to stay two months in Germany and three months in the Netherlands and Denmark.

In a letter the commission sent to member nations as a result of the revision of the Schengen policy handbook, the EU body said Germany, the Netherlands and Denmark will not require visas for Turkish nationals providing service for up to three months in accordance with a Feb 19, 2009 decision of the European Court of Justice.

A Dutch Council of Stated confirmed the situation in a decision released on March 14, 2012. The document sent to the member states detailed under what conditions the countries will not require visas for Turkish nationals.

The motion is still being examined by Turkey’s EU Ministry.

The document said only Germany, the Netherlands and Denmark exempted Turkish citizens from needing to obtain visas while crossing into these countries in the Association Agreement signed between Turkey and the European Economic Community (EEC) in 1970.

It added that Turkish citizens traveling to these three countries over land should get transit visas from countries they are passing through.

According to the European Commission document, the visa exemption covers drivers of commercial vehicles; company employees tasked with installment, maintenance or repair stemming from the sale of a good or from a signed agreement; as well as those involved in artistic, scientific and sports activities.

Turkish citizens will have to prove that they are service providers while getting permits at the border.

 Top stories
Obama's administration has drawn criticism for its long-standing policy of prohibiting concessions to militant groups.
Barak, who also previously served as Israel’s PM, said that he and Netanyahu were ready to attack Iran each year.
AI contends that the charges were fabricated in retaliation for the couple’s human rights work and criticism of the government.
Prosecutors in France stopped short of declaring they were certain, saying only that there was a "very strong presumption".
Partner news