// IP Marketing video - START// IP Marketing video - END

Justice Minister says no arrest warrant issued for PM son

Justice Minister says no arrest warrant issued for PM son

PanARMENIAN.Net - There is no arrest warrant for Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s son, Bilal Erdoğan, Justice Minister Bekir Bozdağ said Jan 16 during parliamentary justice commission talks, according to Hurriyet Daily News.

After some deputies from the main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) asked the reason why an arrest warrant for Bilal Erdoğan had been revoked, Bozdağ said there had never been any warrant in the first place.

“I’d like to state that there is no arrest warrant or order to detain for Mr. Bilal Erdoğan. It is not possible to revoke a nonexistent decision. The claims that he left the country or is hiding do not reflect reality.

These are all media reports published to harm our government and prime minister,” said Bozdağ, responding to the CHP deputies.

Istanbul prosecutors launched a massive corruption and graft operation on Dec 17, 2013, that resulted in the resignation of four ministers from Erdoğan’s government. The government stopped another wave of the corruption operation that reportedly implicated Erdoğan’s son, Bilal Erdoğan. The government accused the Fethullah Gülen community, known as the Hizmet Movement, of orchestrating the operation and launched a massive struggle to liquidate its sympathizers from the civil service.

 Top stories
It was earlier reported that Putin will travel to Antalya to watch the game with his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayip Erdogan.
Last year, the ICRC organized 27 information sessions for residents of 16 villages, most of them teachers and schoolchildren.
Footage showed a plume of smoke rising from the area in the aftermath of the blast and extensive damage to the facade of the police station.
The shooting began after 6 p.m. in a McDonald's restaurant in the mall. The latest reports suggest that police are still evacuating the building.
Partner news