Oscar winner Paolo Sorrentino to start shooting “In The Future” in May

Oscar winner Paolo Sorrentino to start shooting “In The Future” in May

PanARMENIAN.Net - Hot on the heels of his foreign Oscar victory for “The Great Beauty” Paolo Sorrentino is set to start shooting in May on Michael Caine-starrer “In The Future,” an intimate drama about “friendship between two old people,” the Italo helmer has announced, according to Variety.

Sorrentino said that after his ambitious Oscar-winning tour de force he wants to make “a fresh start” with a “small, intimate film,” he told Italian daily La Repubblica. The helmer’s customary irony is likely to permeate his new pic, which Sorrentino penned himself.

As previously announced, “In The Future” is being shepherded by Sorrentino’s regular producers, Nicola Giuliano and Francesca Cima via their Indigo Films shingle, with co-financing from Italian distributor Mediaset/Medusa which is planning a late 2014 release in Italy.

“In The Future” will mark Sorrentino’s second pic toplining an A-list anglo-saxon star, following his collaboration with Sean Penn on “This Must Be The Place” in 2011 in which Penn played an aging rock star who becomes a nazi hunter.

Caine, who is 80, most recently starred in Sandra Nettlebeck’s “Last Love.” Upcoming films in which Caine will appear include Christopher Nolan’s “Interstellar” and Brad Anderson’s thriller “Eliza Graves.”

Related links:
 Top stories
The first film, “I Left My Shoes in Istanbul,” closely follows the journey of a Lebanese-Armenian modernist poet.
Over the past two years, “Orphans of the Genocide” has been broadcast on PBS stations nationwide, reaching over 12 million viewers.
The other exhibition, Arshile Gorky and the Collection is at the Foundation’s Modern Art Centre, and runs until May 31, 2015.
Fittingly, Narek Hakhnazaryan performs Tchaikovsky’s Variations on a Rococo Theme in this debut tour with the NZSO.
Partner news