Artsakh positions, Armenian villages fired upon from Azerbaijan

Artsakh positions, Armenian villages fired upon from Azerbaijan

PanARMENIAN.Net - 350 ceasefire violations by the Azeri armed forces were reported at the line of contact between Nagorno Karabakh and Azerbaijan from March 23-29.

Azerbaijan fired over 2000 shots from various caliber weapons towards Karabakh positions. The NKR defense army continued with their military duty in line with ceasefire principles, taking necessary measures to protect the frontline.

It was also reported that the Azerbaijani forces continuously fire upon the Armenian border villages of Aygepar, Nerkin Karmiraghbyur, Movses and Paravakar. Video footages in the internet clearly show the ceasefire violations, according to Panorama.am.

Commenting on these reports as well as measures taken by the Armenian side, Defense Ministry’s spokesman Artsrun Hovhannisyan said, “Not only military positions but also settlements are under fire. The Armenian servicemen were ordered to prevent Azeri aggression and the Defense Ministry is taking appropriate measures as well.”

 Top stories
President Serzh Sargsyan said earlier that the Armenian side lost some 800 hectares (around 8 square kilometers) in the course of 4-day.
The parties discussed the situation in the Karabakh conflict zone following the early April's 4-day war and the ways to overcome the consequences.
At the meeting, the parties addressed opportunities to overcome consequences of the 4-day violence in Karabakh in early April.
“There can be no success in negotiations if violence continues, and there can be no peace without a negotiation process,” the statement said.
Partner news