500 ceasefire violations by Azeri armed forces reported July 13-19

500 ceasefire violations by Azeri armed forces reported July 13-19

PanARMENIAN.Net - 500 ceasefire violations by Azeri armed forces were reported at the line of contact between Nagorno Karabakh and Azerbaijan from July 13-19.

Azerbaijan fired over 400 shots from various caliber weapons towards Karabakh positions. The NKR defense army continued with their military duty in line with ceasefire principles, taking measures to protect the frontline and retaliating only in case of necessity.

On July 10, Armenian forces curbed a sabotage attempt as Azeris tried to infiltrate the border in the Nagorno Karabakh Republic’s Karvachar area. As a result of prompt actions, Azeri diversion group was discovered, with several saboteurs arrested, while the others fled the site.

On July 15, the body of an Armenian teenager who went missing earlier this month was found in the mountains, far from his native village of Nor Erkedz, Shahumyan area of NKR. The body was transported to Stepanakert for expertise.

On July 17, the NKR office of prosecutor general confirmed that the teenager was abducted and killed by Azeri saboteurs.

 Top stories
President Serzh Sargsyan said earlier that the Armenian side lost some 800 hectares (around 8 square kilometers) in the course of 4-day.
The parties discussed the situation in the Karabakh conflict zone following the early April's 4-day war and the ways to overcome the consequences.
At the meeting, the parties addressed opportunities to overcome consequences of the 4-day violence in Karabakh in early April.
“There can be no success in negotiations if violence continues, and there can be no peace without a negotiation process,” the statement said.
Partner news