// IP Marketing video - START// IP Marketing video - END

Russia ‘concerned over flare-up of violence’ in Karabakh

Russia ‘concerned over flare-up of violence’ in Karabakh

PanARMENIAN.Net - The Russian Foreign Ministry expressed concern Saturday, Aug 2, over a flare-up of violence in Nagorno Karabakh and said any escalation would be unacceptable.

“Further escalation is unacceptable. We urge all the conflicting sides to exercise restraint, give up the use of force and take urgent measures aimed at destabilizing the situation,” Maria Zakharova, the deputy director of the ministry’s information and press department, said in a statement, according to RIA Novosti.

According to the statement, the ministry “extends its most sincere condolences to the families of the victims” and “considers the events of the past few days a serious violation of ceasefire agreements and declared intention to find a political settlement of the conflict.”

 Top stories
The city council condemed the first genocide of the 20th century, calling on the Spanish government and Turkey to follow suit.
Kocharyan said the Armenian side is expecting the OSCE envoys to have the previously reached agreements implemented.
“With today's vote, Congress started rolling back Ankara's occupation of Washington, DC,” said ANCA Executive Director Aram Hamparian.
Cham Wings Airlines is resuming direct flights from Yerevan to Damascus and back, Aleppo-based Kilikia travel agency reveals.
Partner news