40 Azeri ceasefire violations reported in 1 day

40 Azeri ceasefire violations reported in 1 day

PanARMENIAN.Net - 40 ceasefire violations by Azeri armed forces were reported at the line of contact between Nagorno Karabakh and Azerbaijan on Aug 13-14.

Azerbaijan fired over 400 shots from various caliber weapons towards the positions of Karabakh defense army, which retains full control of the situation.

Earlier, the U.S. envoy to Armenia John Heffern issued a video statement urging the parties to Karabakh conflict to refrain from violence.

“Once again, we extend our condolences to the families of those killed and injured during the recent incidents. As Ambassador James Warlick noted earlier, Karabakh conflict is no longer frozen. We urge conflicting parties to take necessary steps to reduce tensions and respect the ceasefire. Threats and bellicose rhetoric are not helping peace efforts. There’s no military solution to this conflict. We urge conflicting sides to enter serious negotiations. Retaliation and further violence will make it more difficult to find a peaceful solution. The best way to honor the victims is to immediately end the clashes,” the diplomat said in his statement.

 Top stories
Prosecutor General Kostanyan handed Yermolayev the investigative requirement to the Office of Azerbaijani Prosecutor General.
In January 2013, FAAE issued a letter to the British Museum, protesting against the use of Ancient Turkey name for the museum’s room.
The total cost of the project is 5.5 million Laris (over $11,000). The development began earlier this year and is expected to finish next year.
Seismic Protection Service said tremors were felt in Armenian towns of Stepanavan, Noyemberyan, Koghb and Koti.
Partner news