Karabakh army downs 13th Azerbaijani drone

Karabakh army downs 13th Azerbaijani drone

PanARMENIAN.Net - On April 7, Karabakh troops destroyed another Azerbaijani unmanned combat aerial vehicle in Artsakh’s airspace, the Nagorno Karabakh Defense Army said.

The number of downed drones thus stands at 13.

The parties to the Karabakh conflict agreed on a bilateral ceasefire along the contact line which came into force at midday, April 5.

On the night of April 1-2, Azerbaijani armed forces initiated overt offensive operations in the southern, southeastern and northeastern directions of the line of contact with Nagorno Karabakh.

As many as 36 Karabakh servicemen were killed and 122 were wounded in the course of military operations. 21 Karabakh soldiers have gone missing so far.

As of April 5, the Azerbaijani side has lost 26 tanks and 4 infantry fighting vehicles, as well as 1 BM-21 Grad multiple rocket launcher, 1 engineering vehicle, 2 military helicopters and 11 unmanned aerial vehicles. The Azerbaijani side has admitted the loss of 31 fighters, 1 helicopter and 1 unmanned drones, whereas the Armenian side's photo and video materials show dozens of killed Azerbaijani troops, 1 helicopter and 3 UAVs.

14 Karabakh tanks have been neutralized since April 2.

The conflict between Nagorno Karabakh and Azerbaijan

The conflict between Nagorno Karabakh and Azerbaijan broke out as result of the ethnic cleansing launched by the Azeri authorities in the final years of the Soviet Union. The Karabakh War was fought from 1991 (when the Nagorno Karabakh Republic was proclaimed) to 1994 (when a ceasefire was sealed by Armenia, NKR and Azerbaijan). Most of Nagorno Karabakh and a security zone consisting of 7 regions are now under control of NKR defense army. Armenia and Azerbaijan are holding peace talks mediated by the OSCE Minsk Group up till now.

 Top stories
"Not only should we have sanctions against Turkey, I think it's also time that we recognize the Genocide," Lieu said.
14 new members, including Armenia, were elected to the United Nations Human Rights Council on October 17.
A legislative initiative will be introduced in the Moldovan parliament to recognize the Armenian Genocide.
The two heads of government will have a private conversation, followed by an extended meeting.
Partner news