Armenia condemns militant attack in Egypt's Sinai

Armenia condemns militant attack in Egypt's Sinai

PanARMENIAN.Net - Armenia on Tuesday, September 12 strongly condemns the terrorist attack by Islamic State militants on a security convoy in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula on Monday, which left 18 soldiers killed and seven others wounded.

"We strongly condemn the terrorist attack on a security convoy in Sinai. Our condolences to the families of victims," Armenia's embassy in Egypt said in a tweet.

Police and military officials said roadside bombs destroyed and set ablaze four armoured vehicles and a fifth one carrying signal jamming equipment. The gunmen later opened fire with assault weapons and commandeered a police pickup truck.

Monday's attack was the deadliest against security forces since July when IS attacked a remote army outpost in the border town of Rafah, killing 23 soldiers. That was the deadliest attack in two years.

 Top stories
The profane and racist graffiti attack on San Francisco’s KZV Armenian School was discovered on July 20-21.
179 people have so far recovered from the disease in Karabakh, while 112 others are quarantined.
154 people have so far recovered from the disease in Karabakh, while 126 others are quarantined.
Armenians arranged a fruit rescue mission that its organisers have dubbed “Operation Apricot”.
Partner news