Armenia expressed condolences over Iran terror attack

Armenia expressed condolences over Iran terror attack

PanARMENIAN.Net - Armenia has expressed condolences over Wednesday, February 13's terror attack on a military convoy in Iran that killed at least 27 border soldiers of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) and wounded many others.

"It is with great sorrow that we learned about the terrorist attack on a highway in the Iranian state of Sistan and Baluchestan," the Foreign Ministry said in a tweet.

"We express our deepest condolences to families and relatives of those killed, wishing them strength of spirit and resilience to overcome the heaviest of sorrows."

Bahram Ghasemi, a spokesperson for Iran's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, said in a statement following the attack that terrorist groups were capable of committing such an "inhumane act" because of the support of some countries in the region.

Photo. EPA
 Top stories
The deputy chief of staff of the Artsakh President's office, Davit Babayan is planning to run for president.
One Armenian citizen out of the overall 11 had been evacuated from the quarantine zone earlier.
It’s an important contribution to the global effort to fight genocides and crimes against humanity,” Sarkissian said.
Varti Ohanian is a social worker and the founder of Lebanon's Zvartnots special education center.
Partner news