Azeri media reports far from reality as usual, RA MFA says

PanARMENIAN.Net - "Personal Representatives of the OSCE CiO, Ambassador Andrzej Kasprzyk attended the site where a skirmish between the Azeri armed forces and NKR Defense Army took place on March 4 morning," RA MFA acting spokesman Tigran Balayan told a briefing today.



"Armenia's Foreign Minister Vartan Oskanian had a phone conversation with Ambassador Kasprzyk and CoE Commissioner for Human Rights Thomas Hammarberg. As far I we know, the skirmishes at the Armenian-Azeri and Karabakhi-Azeri borders occur from time to time till now," he said.



"PACE Vice President John Prescott and OSCE Minsk Group Co-chair Matthew Bryza will arrive in Armenia tomorrow," he added.



At that Mr Balayan noted that Azeri media's reports on casualties are far from the reality, as usual. "Two Armenian officers were injured. The Azeri side lost 8 soldiers killed and 7 wounded," he said.
 Top stories
Nalbandian said Armenia will further collaborate with the OSCE in an effort to reach a peaceful settlement of the Karabakh conflict.
“Germany fully supports the Minsk Group Co-chairs’ initiative of launching mechanisms of investigation into border incidents,” Kiesler said.
Hovhannisyan will replace Tigran Sargsyan, who was appointed the head the Eurasian Economic Commission last year.
Armenian President, Commander-in-Chief of Armed Forces Serzh Sargsyan held on December 18 consultations at the Ministry of Defense.
Partner news